ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: queryForObject deadlock with high concurrent calls
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:24:11 GMT
Check the maxSessions session in your SQLMap config. Also, do you really
mean deadlock? If so, there is something seriously wrong. Maybe you
could do a stack dump, I think it's just contention, not deadlock.

Niels

-----Original Message-----
From: class acts [mailto:classacts@gmail.com]
Sent: maandag 13 november 2006 19:49
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: queryForObject deadlock with high concurrent calls

Hi all,

   I'm using Jmeter to create 100 threads that in turn execute
queryForObject on the server side, it seems that if I try to do many
queryForObject calls from many threads concurrently, they all seem to
deadlock at popSession().  I'm using the builtin database pooler,
should I perhaps try using dbcp?  Anyone run into this problem before?
 I wouldn't mind having it timeout after n seconds if it can't execute
the query then I can just keep retrying.  I hardly think postgresql
would like me to increase the concurrent connection count to more than
50 (which I currently have it set at now).

Thanks in advance