ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Chris Lamey <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject Re: Performance with iBatis/DAO/Spring
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:24:08 GMT
On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 18:00 +0100, Ulrich Staudinger wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> actually i am facing that problem in a slightly different matter,
> too.
> The performance with ibatis is horrible. Inserts take approx. 7 times
> longer than with plain jdbc.

Can you give more detail on this?  Are you using transactions?  If so,
how is iBATIS configured to use them?  Are you using Spring?  If so, how
are you initializing your application context and also the Spring
SqlMap?

> Another problem i face at the moment is that, when i use caching, i
> see that a connection is checked out from the pool, used and returned
> to the pool, but no query is executed.
> Now, when the connection is returned to the pool, i still see that it
> takes roughly 70ms until the code returns from the
> getSqlMapClient.queryForObject(..) call.
>
> I have enabled debug logging already, but can't see what should take
> 70ms!

Well, how much data are you returning and how is your iBATIS caching set
up?  If you're causing a huge data set to be serialized out from cache
on that call, it could take a while.

Does the performance get better without the caching?

Cheers,
Chris