ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From C.Ze...@ads.it
Subject Re: Stored procedures (package functions) returning a row
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 14:21:03 GMT
larry.meadors@gmail.com scritti il 06/10/2006 16:01:09

> Sorry, I haven't been following this thread that closely, but why not
> use out parameters?
>
> Larry

Do you mean that it's possible to use the typeName attribute of the
parameterMap statement?

<parameterMap id=”parameterMapName” [class=”com.domain.Product”]>
      <parameter property =”propertyName” [jdbcType=”VARCHAR”]
                                          [javaType=”string”]
                                          [nullValue=“-9999”]
                                          [typeName=”{REF or user-defined
type}”]
                                          [resultMap=someResultMap]
                                          [mode=IN|OUT|INOUT]
                                          [typeHandler=someTypeHandler]
                                          [numericScale=2]/>
<parameter …… />
<parameter …… />
</parameterMap>

Jeff wrote that iBatis is a quite thin layer over JDBC.
Well, but if the Oracle JDBC driver does NOT support structured types (such
as record), how could iBatis?
I haven't explored anymore the issue, maybe I'm wrong

ciao
Cesare