ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From C.Ze...@ads.it
Subject Re: What is purpose of TypeHandler
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:35:48 GMT

Gwyn Evans wrote:

> Take a look at the "Creating custom Type Handlers" section of the
> iBATIS-SqlMaps-2.pdf for an example that shows how a java boolean
> might be mapped to/from "Y" or "N" values in a DB field.

[...]

> Hmm, seemed anything but abstract to me.  Suggest you take another
> look at the documentation, maybe searching for the string
> "typeHandler".

[...]

Well, in iBATIS-SqlMaps-2.pdf there are neither occurrences of "Type
Handlers" nor of  "typeHandler"

The link in the wiki reported by Poitras Christian
http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=422
refers to C sharp

I want now to understand how to get a unique value (it is NOT a result set)

actually a row (PL/SQL record type) from a package function.
http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg06410.html

Let's see...