ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jambunathan, Akilaprasad \(Cognizant\)" <Akilaprasad.Jambunat...@cognizant.com>
Subject RE: Ibatis Blob Insertion problems
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:41:01 GMT

With the updated jars we were able to upload until 4KB. Can anybody help
us in telling what has to be done for uploading > 4KB?

________________________________

From: Jambunathan, Akilaprasad (Cognizant)
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 8:23 PM
To: 'user-java@ibatis.apache.org'
Subject: Ibatis Blob Insertion problems

Greetings!!!

We are using iBatis (am not sure on the version) along with Oracle
10.1.0.2.0 for one of our project. We are using BLOBs extensively, when
we are trying to insert into a table which has BLOBs we are facing some
issue. Here are the details you might be looking for.

iBatis XML snipped

                <insert id="insertFile" parameterMap="uploadFile">

                                INSERT INTO

                                FILEUPLOAD ( FILEID , FILENAME ,
UPLOADDATE, FILELOCATION)

                                VALUES

                                (#fileId#, #fileName#,TO_DATE(SYSDATE,
'MM/DD/YY'), #fileLink#)

                </insert>

                <insert id="insertFileEmptyBlob"
parameterClass="com.newsamerica.value.ffms.jobinformation.JobAttachmentV
alue">

                                INSERT INTO

                                FILEUPLOAD ( FILEID , FILENAME ,
UPLOADDATE, FILELOCATION)

                                VALUES

                                (#fileId#, #fileName#,TO_DATE(SYSDATE,
'MM/DD/YY'), empty_blob())

                </insert>

Exception

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was
found where a numeric was expected

Please let me know on what am I doing wrong?

Warm Regards,

Akil

all copies of the original message.
prohibited and may be unlawful.