ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Javier Urbaneja" <urbanej...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deprecating the DAO framework?
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:19:45 GMT
It's not that I don't agree with you about the existence of better options.
It's just that with iBATIS you can start working with a persistence layer,
including DAOs in a work day, with the nice docs of SqlMaps and the DAO
framework (less than 100 pages together).
If you are going to use Spring DAO with iBATIS, at least you have to open
the Spring project web and realize which part you want to use. I believe all
of you will agree with me, that process will take you more than one work
day, if you have no previous knowledge about Spring.
Maybe embedded databases HSQL and McKoi are not as active as some time ago,
but they should not close down the projects because of Derby. Well, that's
my opinion.

Greetings.