ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From soussou97 <dbousse...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Composite objects
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:01:23 GMT

Hi;

I have a two java Beans as follows :

public class Person implements serializable {
    private Name name;
    private String key;
    private List account = new ArrayList();

    public String getKey() {
        return key;
    }
    private void setKey(String key) {
        this.key=key;
    }
       public Name getName() {
        return name;
    }
    public void setName(Name name) {
        this.name = name;
    }
    public void setAccount(List accounts) {
        this.accounts = accounts;
  }

  public List getAccounts() {
        return account;
  }
}

public class Account implements Serializable {

  private String username;
  private String password;
  private String email;
  private String firstName;
  private String lastName;
  private String status;

  public String getUsername() {
    return username;
  }

  public void setUsername(String username) {
    this.username = username;
  }

  public String getPassword() {
    return password;
  }

  public void setPassword(String password) {
    this.password = password;
  }

  public String getEmail() {
    return email;
  }

  public void setEmail(String email) {
    this.email = email;
  }

  public String getFirstName() {
    return firstName;
  }

  public void setFirstName(String firstName) {
    this.firstName = firstName;
  }

  public String getLastName() {
    return lastName;
  }

  public void setLastName(String lastName) {
    this.lastName = lastName;
  }

  public String getStatus() {
    return status;
  }

  public void setStatus(String status) {
    this.status = status;
  }

 }
And I would like to realize the method DAO for creating a new person with
its accounts, getting all person into the database with the accounts and
updating a person with its accounts.
I have the following methodes DAO :

insertAccount(Account a)
insertPerson (Person p)
UpdateAccount(Account a)
UpdatePerson(Person p)
getAllPerson(String key)
getAllAccount(String name, String password)

Question : how I must realize the link between the two objects, for example
for the "insertPerson" DAO, I must firstly to insert the liste of accounts
next the person or inside of the method "insertPerson" DAO I call
"insertAccount" DAO to get the list of accounts ?
In the same way for the "getAllPerson" which return a Person object.

Generally how to implement the composite objects with Ibatis.

Regards;