ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ralf Assmann <ralf.assm...@innovations.de>
Subject Update Primary Key Using Primary Key
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:35:00 GMT

Hi there,

we are using a database table with three columns column1, column2,
column3. The primary key are column1 and column2.

Now, we want to do an update using iBatis, the column2 should be
updated. The update itself should be done by using the primary key as
the where part. For this, we created (at least we wanted to do so) the
following sql statement:

update table set column2 = #?# where column1 = #column1# and column2 =
#column2#

The parameters are part of a parameter class, using the getter of this
class. The problem now is, that the update should be done by the
attributes of the primary key, but the primary key itself should be
modified. That is the parameter #?# in the statement above.

How is it possible to pass the parameter for the update using the
parameter class? Writing #column2# instead of #?#,  the set part will
use the same value as the value used in the where part (so the update
does not make any sense).  Is there any way in doing so using a
parameter class or can't this be done by a parameter class and a map has
to be used (including keys like 'column2new' and 'column2old')?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,

Ralf.