ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From <Patrick.Higg...@cexp.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Joins
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:37:41 GMT
This should be in the docs. I wasn't sure if it was supported, so I tried it and it worked.
Because it's not obvious that multiple groupBy attributes will work, it should be documented.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 6:21 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Multiple Joins

This really isn't that difficult.  Join your three tables in the query, then do a groupBy
on the nested result maps.  Have you tried it?

<resultMap id="t1" class="T1Class" groupBy="t1key">
  <result column="t2Objects" resultMap="t2"/>
</resultMap>

<resultMap id="t2" class="T2Class" groupBy="t2key">
  <result column="t3Objects" resultMap="t3"/>
</resultMap>

<resultMap id="t3" class="T3Class">
</resultMap>

You can carry this on for as many tables as you need.

Jeff Butler