ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Torsten Michelmann" <torsten.michelm...@gmx.de>
Subject StaleConnection handling
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:52:41 GMT
Hi,

we are running an app on WAS 6 using iBatis 2.1.7 that accesses a database on iSeries.
We use the toolbox driver (com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnectionPoolDataSource) to perform
the access to the database.
In general there is no problem, but in the morning (there is a DB backup during the night
which causes DB2 to drop all connections) we get a com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException
on the first operation. The following operations will work.

Question: Am I forced to catch the StaleConnectionException and repeat the action in my DAO
or is there a way to handle this problem by configuration?
--
TorstenGMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl