ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lack of BeanInfo support
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:49:41 GMT
The most important impact of blindly following a Sun Standard was my choice
to support JavaBeans exclusively, similar to other frameworks of the time
like Struts, tools like Swing editors and dependent specs like JSP.

In general JavaBeans require:

  * A parameterless constructor
  * Get/Set methods to define properties

Both of these break encapsulation at a fundamental level and are not
compatible with the best practices of today, like constructor injection for
example.

They cause classes to be designed very loosely, very mutable and kind of
ugly when all is said and done.  Not to mention the verbosity of coding a
get/set method for every class.

It's ugly.  :-)

Clinton