ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Nathan Ward" <nw...@resqsoft.com>
Subject RE: Updating Multiple Tables per Single Root Object
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 11:50:48 GMT
Looks like another option is to keep track of the changes with something
like the Unit Of Work pattern in Patterns of Enterprise Architecture, by
Martin Fowler. I'm thinking I'll try that route.

   Nathan

  _____

From: Nathan Ward [mailto:nward@resqsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 7:35 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Updating Multiple Tables per Single Root Object

Hello,

I'm considering how best to update a list of objects referenced by a "root"
object. I see a discussion of this topic from July
(http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg05237.html).

In order to update the related tables, I suppose my DAO needs to query those
tables in order to compare to the in-memory list to figure out if objects
have been added and/or removed in order to know what operations need to be
done on those tables. Is that correct? I suppose this processing is why
Larry suggests that stored procedures for this would be faster. Is that
right?

   Nathan

Nathan Ward
ResQSoft, Inc.