ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From proge.alli...@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject Re: Configuring JNDI and IBATIS
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:10:37 GMT
you are welcome

Cordiali saluti/Kind Regards.

Alessandro Allievi

www.progesoftware.it
Via Mentore Maggini, 48/50
00143 Roma
Phone +39 06.5042621
Fax +39 06.5042676
mailto: aallievi@progesoftware.it

             jaume@grn.es

                                       user-java@ibatis.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             Please respond to
             user-java@ibatis.                                     Subject
                apache.org             Re: Configuring JNDI and IBATIS

Alessandro was right, it seems that the driver only must be in the tomcat
directory.

Thanks everybody for your atention.

Jaume Padres wrote:
      If I use single connection with the libs in the application, it works
      fine.

      I will try to deploy the application war without firebird drivers.

      proge.allievi@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
            Once I had problem having driver in both "lib".
            I don't konw if is also your case (was tomcat 4 and db
            drivers).

            So, did u try using single connection in sqlmap?

            We can try to isolate the problem.

            Cordiali saluti/Kind Regards.

            Alessandro Allievi

            www.progesoftware.it
            Via Mentore Maggini, 48/50
            00143 Roma
            Phone +39 06.5042621
            Fax +39 06.5042676
            mailto: aallievi@progesoftware.it

                         jaume@grn.es

                         29/09/2006 10.37

            user-java@ibatis.apache.org
            cc
                         Please respond to

                         user-java@ibatis.
            Subject
                            apache.org             Re: Configuring JNDI and
            IBATIS

            Dear Alessandro,

                I do have firebird drivers (firebirdsql-full.jar) in the
            common/lib
            directori, and also in the aplication.

            Kind Regards.

            proge.allievi@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
                  Jaume, are you sure do you have firebirds drivers in
                  <tomcat>/common/lib?

                  Cordiali saluti/Kind Regards.

                  Alessandro Allievi

                  www.progesoftware.it
                  Via Mentore Maggini, 48/50
                  00143 Roma
                  Phone +39 06.5042621
                  Fax +39 06.5042676
                  mailto: aallievi@progesoftware.it

                               jaume@grn.es

                               29/09/2006 09.37

            user-java@ibatis.apache.org

                  cc
                               Please respond to

                               user-java@ibatis.
                  Subject
                                  apache.org             Configuring JNDI
            and IBATIS

                  We are on Tomcat version 5.5.9.
                  We have IBATIS working in a simple DATASOURCE
            configuration, and now
                  we are trying to configure our application to use JNDI
            and IBATIS.

                  We have made this modifications in the following files:

                       <Resource
                       name="sg2_bbdd"
                       type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                       password="maste"
                       driverClassName="org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver"
                       maxIdle="2"
                       maxWait="5000"
                       validationQuery="select x_idio.idio_codi from
            x_idio"
                       username="sysdba"
                       url="jdbc:firebirdsql:192.168.2.2
            /3050:home/sg2/sg2JAVA.fdb"
                       maxActive="5"/>
                       <DefaultContext>
                             <ResourceLink
                              name="link_to_sg2_bbdd"
                              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                              global="sg2_bbdd"/>
                           </DefaultContext>       ...

                   >>>web.xml >>>>>>>>
                       <resource-ref>
                         <res-ref-name>jdbc/link_to_sg2_bbdd</res-ref-name>
                         <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
                     </resource-ref>

                   <transactionManager type="JDBC">
                     <dataSource type="JNDI">
                       <property
            value="java:comp/env/jdbc/link_to_sg2_bbdd"
                  name="DataSource"/>
                     </dataSource>
                   </transactionManager>      ....

                   With all this changes all we get from Tomcat logs is the
            following
                  error message:
                   "Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver"
                     Does anyone could give us some help?

                   Thanks in advance.
                  [allegato "jaume.vcf" eliminato da Proge
                  Allievi/Extern/FSWEN/DCServices/DCX]

                                [allegato "jaume.vcf" eliminato da Proge
                   Allievi/Extern/FSWEN/DCServices/DCX] (Embedded image
            moved to file:
                                              pic21021.gif)

                       [allegato "jaume.vcf" eliminato da Proge
             Allievi/Extern/FSWEN/DCServices/DCX] (Embedded image moved to
                                  file: pic10076.gif)