ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Succari, Imad" <Imad.Succ...@schwab.com>
Subject dynamically setting the datasource
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:36:43 GMT
I am trying to figure out whether or not I can have a SqlMapDAO define
the data source its going to use to execute its SQL dynamically?

Our environment is Websphere JNDI Data Sources connected to an Oracle
10g 2-node RAC cluster.  We have application based partitioning of the
data and like to send requests for odd partitions to one RAC node and
even partitions to the other RAC node.  Both nodes have the same
schema's and data and can handle the same SQL.  How can I set the
datasource dynamically so that I don't have to create two identical
sqlmap definitions and two DAO definitions?  Our environment is
expanding and we will soon have more than six databases, having copies
of the data is not very maintainable.

I'm wondering if iBatis has a solution for this or can point me in the
right direction.

Thanks

Imad