ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Crocker, Patrick" <patrick.croc...@verizon.com>
Subject RE: Obtaining Generated Primary Keys
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:17:03 GMT
Using Oracle Sequences, you need to obtain the key first, then use it in
the INSERT statement:

<select id="getNextId" resultClass="decimal">
SELECT your_sequence_name.nextval AS nextid FROM dual
</select

<insert id="insert" parameterClass="myTable">
INSERT INTO my_table
(MY_ID, MY_COLUMN)
VALUES
(#myId#, #myColumn#)
</insert>

- Patrick.

________________________________

From: David Hodge [mailto:dyhodge@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 6:58 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Obtaining Generated Primary Keys

I am using Oracle and I am wondering if there is a way to obtain a
trigger generated Primary key after doing an INSERT with iBatis.

I know there is a selectKey function but that seems to work only if you
have a select statement, which makes sense.  Other databases have ways
for you to select the last_generated_id() but I do not think Oracle has
this capability.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of a work around?

Thanks,

David Y. Hodge