ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "MCCORMICK, Paul" <Paul.McCORM...@doir.wa.gov.au>
Subject RE: Parameterised constructors
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 02:59:57 GMT

How do private setters work?  Could I set the 'foo' property using the
result map below?  Is there anything I have to do to the jmv to allow it
access to the private field?

<resultMap class="Foo">
    <result property="foo" column="FOOBA">
</resultMap>

public class Foo {

	private String foo;

	public String getFoo() {
	    return foo;
	}

Thanks,
Paul

________________________________

From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 19 September 2006 3:23 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Parameterised constructors

As a temporary alternative we do support private setters as of 2.2.0.

Constructor injection is supported in the .NET version.  The two
codebases are somewhat similar, so we could always check on their
approach to it.

Clinton

	I remember some folks asking about this, but no commitment to do
it.  It would require quite a change to the way iBATIS processes result
sets.  Translation: don't expect this anytime soon.

	BTW, the Sun patterns web site has some information about an
immutable transfer object pattern here:

	http://java.sun.com/blueprints/patterns/TransferObject.html

	The basic idea is that you create an interface for the immutable
part, and a mutable static inner class for initializing.  This does work
with iBATIS.  But one warning - we used this pattern on my team for a
while and everyone (me included) HATED it.  So we eventually went to
simple JavaBeans with getters AND setters.

	Jeff Butler

	On 9/18/06, Ray_Offiah@waitrose.co.uk <