ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Matthew Hixson <mhix...@activerain.com>
Subject String or binary data would be truncated
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:01:22 GMT
I'm receiving the following error upon an insert to one of our
tables.  Is there any way to get iBatis to state exactly which field
it is that is failing?  I've tried investigating this by hand but due
to the number of columns in this table and the time constraints we
are under I'm looking for my favorite solution to software dev
problems:  get the software to do it for me.  Is this telling me that
a field was the empty string (where it says: violated by SQL '')?
   Any help is greatly appreciated.
    -M@

20 Sep 2006 12:54:48:282 ERROR (FooImpl.java:574) - [There was an
exception within executeFooProcess(): (SqlMapClient operation): data
integrity violated by SQL ''; nested exception is
--- The error occurred in com/activerain/model/sqlmaps-sqlserver/
FooSQLMap.xml.
--- Check the insertTargusInfo-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the statement (update failed).
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver
for JDBC][SQLServer]String or binary data would be truncated.]