ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Daniel Pitts" <Daniel.Pi...@cnet.com>
Subject RE: Postgresql serial type problem
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 00:25:49 GMT
I would guess that you should omit event_id.  Instead setting it in your java code to the return
valid of the insert() method.

________________________________

From: Okan Çetin [mailto:okancetin@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:08 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Postgresql serial type problem

I have a table in postgresql and in this table there is a column that's type is serial. (event_id
is serial )

I am adding data in this table like this;

<insert id="insertEvent" parameterClass="Event">
    insert into PUBLIC.event (
      event_id,
      description
    )
    values (
      #event_id#,  #description#
    )
  </insert>

Although the data is correctly inserted into the table, event_id column is empty. In database
side, event_id's type is serial, there is no problem if I add data by manually, the event_id
is automaticly increasing. In ibatis should I do some extra config to do this?

Thanks,
Okan.

--
~