ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From soussou97 <dbousse...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Scanning byte array
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:15:47 GMT

Hi;

I have a method which return a byte array from a BLOB (Oracle) :

public static byte[] getBLOB(int id, Connection conn) throws Exception {
    ResultSet rs = null;
    PreparedStatement pstmt = null;
    String query = "SELECT data FROM Table1 WHERE id = ?";
    try {
      pstmt = conn.prepareStatement(query);
      pstmt.setInt(1, id);
      rs = pstmt.executeQuery();
      rs.next();
      Blob blob = rs.getBlob(1);
      return blob.getBytes(1, (int) blob.length());
    } finally {
      rs.close();
      pstmt.close();
      conn.close();
    }
  }

}

I must to scan the byte array position by position for extracting of the
data contained into this array for a display in using a GUI.
Which is the best (performance) solution to implemente this ?

Regards;