ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Allen <p...@cornell.edu>
Subject getting data and time into Oracle records
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 19:46:45 GMT
Could somebody share with me the secret to getting dates AND times into
Oracle DATE fields from java.util.Date properties?

Even when I set the time portion of the java.util.Date I end up only with
the year+month+day in the DB.

In a related question, where is the definative documentation for the
allowed format of inline parameters (i.e., the stuff between "#" and "#")?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Here's what I'm doing now:

--- Java Class ---

public class MyBean {
         private java.util.Date myDate;
         public java.util.Date getMyDate() {...}
         public void setMyDate(java.util.Date _myDate) { ... }
}

--- Ibatis Map ---

<insert id="insertMyBean" parameterClass="MyBean">
         INSERT INTO MYTABLE (MYDATE) VALUES (#myDate:DATE#)
</insert>

--- Oracle Table ---

CREATE TABLE MYTABLE
(