ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Poitras Christian" <Christian.Poit...@ircm.qc.ca>
Subject RE: Populating existing beans...
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:46:35 GMT
Try using the discriminator tag in your resultMap.

Christian

________________________________

From: Daniel Pitts [mailto:Daniel.Pitts@cnet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 12 September 2006 16:42
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: RE: Populating existing beans...

Thanks for the reply.
 I'm well aware of queryForMap, but the problem isn't grouping the
objects.

Basically, I have a bean "graph" (or tree, or whatever) that has been
constructed before there is enough information to run the final query.
Also, I don't know the bean class before hand (and don't want to add it
explicitly to the resultMap or resultClass argument)

As an alternative solution to my problem, if there was a way to do a
queryForList, but specify the result class at runtime, that would be
extremely helpful.