ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Morone, Bill" <Morone.B...@pennmutual.com>
Subject For some reason CDATA doesn't "work" in some queries
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:05:58 GMT
Hello,

Maybe it is something I am doing wrong (long history of such circumstances).
When I attempt to run this statement, only passing in the userClientId, clientRoles, viewableAcctInsTypeCodes
with the CDATA demarcation I get a java.lang.NumberFormatException. If I make exactly the
same call without the CDATA demarcation it runs perfectly fine. I've noticed sometines CDATA
causes other problems -- is it a bug?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sqlMap PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map 2.0//EN" "http://www.ibatis.com/dtd/sql-map-2.dtd">
<sqlMap namespace="ClientholdingApp">
    <statement id="getPolicyListClient" parameterClass= "java.util.Map" resultClass="xml"
xmlResultName="policy">
     <![CDATA[
     select distinct a.acct_nmbr as POLICYID
      	from acct a, client_acct ca, client c, prod p
      	where
      	  c.base_client_id = #userClientId#
      	  and c.client_id = ca.client_id
      	  and a.acct_id = ca.acct_id
      	  and ca.client_acct_role_cd in
          <iterate property="clientRoles" open="(" close=")" conjunction=",">
              #clientRoles[]#
          </iterate>
          and a.prod_cd = p.prod_cd
		  and p.ins_type_cd in
          <iterate property="viewableAcctInsTypeCodes" open="(" close=")" conjunction=",">
              #viewableAcctInsTypeCodes[]#
          </iterate>

		  <isNotEmpty property="policyNumber">
		            	and upper(a.acct_nmbr) like #policyNumber#
		  </isNotEmpty>

		  <isNotEmpty property="clientRoleCodes">
          			and a.acct_id = ca.client_id
          			and ca.client_id = c.client_id
          			and ca.client_acct_role_cd in
		            <iterate property="clientRoleCodes" open="(" close=")" conjunction=",">
		              #clientRoleCodes[]#
		            </iterate>
		            <isNotEmpty property="taxId">
		            	and c.tax_id=#taxId#
		            </isNotEmpty>
		            <isNotEmpty property="firstName">
		            	and upper(c.first_nm) like #firstName#
		            </isNotEmpty>
		            <isNotEmpty property="middleName">
		            	and upper(c.mddl_nm) like #middleName#
		            </isNotEmpty>
		            <isNotEmpty property="lastName">
		            	and upper(c.last_nm) like #lastName#
		            </isNotEmpty>
          </isNotEmpty>
          ]]>
    </statement>
</sqlMap>

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s)
named above. It may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy or delete the original message. Also, please be aware that if you are not
the intended recipient, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action or reliance based on this message is prohibited by law.