ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Morone, Bill" <Morone.B...@pennmutual.com>
Subject Trying to pass in [oracle] where clause with ' like #variable#' phrase with #variable# already formed
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:08:08 GMT
Hello,

I tried searching the mailing list for "where...like" entries but couldn't find any.

I am using sqlMaps 2.1.7.

I am trying to run this [snippet] statement:
<isNotEmpty property="firstName">
    and upper(c.first_nm) like #firstName#
</isNotEmpty>

I have created the firstName variable ala' [simplified]:

String firstName = new String("S%");

and placed it into a Map under "firstName".

There has yet to be a functional index created on Oracle for the c.first_nm.

I don't return any records -- is there anything obvious I am doing wrong? Can someone give
me some "like" examples?

Thanks,
Bill Morone

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s)
named above. It may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy or delete the original message. Also, please be aware that if you are not
the intended recipient, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action or reliance based on this message is prohibited by law.