ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ben Munat <b...@munat.com>
Subject Re: Unavailable DTD
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:05:08 GMT
Hycel, I ran into this problem on a project on which I was using dom4j
(very much in agreement about dom4j, by the way). I asked about the
issue on the dom4j list and got a couple responses.

You can probably find the whole thread if you search for the archives
online, but I saved a couple of the emails...

Here's what Mark Priest said:

<quote>
The way you would do this depends on the parser you are using.  There is
no standard way to use a parser feature like caching grammars.

For Xerces, see http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-grammars.html#faq-1
</quote>

And here's what Edwin Dankert said

<quote>
Another way would be to override the EntityResolver, and set
it on the underlying XMLReader or DocumentBuilder ...

import org.xml.sax.EntityResolver;
import org.xml.sax.InputSource;

public class LocalResolver implements EntityResolver
   public InputSource resolveEntity( String publicId, String systemId) {
     if ( systemId.equals( "http://www.foo.org/bar.dtd")) {
       return new InputSource( "bar.dtd");
     } else {
       return null;
     }
   }
}
</quote>

Bottom line is that it's not really dom4j's fault, but the underlying
parser being used.

good luck,