ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From <Patrick.Higg...@cexp.com>
Subject RE: passing connection to ibatis
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:59:12 GMT
This sounds like it could be solved by a connection lifecycle event handler that Clinton mentioned
on Sept. 16th:

http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg06174.html

Strangely, I've actually needed this functionality before. I created a bunch of temporary
tables with Postgres and the fact that they didn't persist from connection to connection was
a major pain, but somehow I worked a connection lifecycle event handler into the framework
I was using (I can't even remember what it was, it's been so long ago now). So I guess we
have at least two use cases for that feature now. I'll see if I can free up some time to write
a patch. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Eugeny N Dzhurinsky [mailto:bofh@redwerk.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 6:41 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: passing connection to ibatis

Hello!

I have a problem - my application creates temporary views for set of talbes
and then I would like to execute some queries on this view using iBATIS. For
postgresql the temporary view is alife unless the connection is closed, so my
workflow might looks like this:

1) get the connection from pool/whatever
2) create view
3) invoke SQL using iBATIS
4) excplicitly close connection to avoid re-using it by some other module

how can I implement this?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky