ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Cyril <cyril_j...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re : Problem when executing multi result Sybase stored procedure
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:23:51 GMT
Hi again,

The CDATA tags are not useful here, it's true. But it's a habit I took after spending some
time debugging a query containing a "<" (less than). I did try without CDATA and the effects
are the same in my problem.

I use other stored procedures also, and they work. The problem arise just for this one, and
since I suspect that this query is some kind of multi result (but it's not so clear... there
is a exec(@strQuery1+@strQuery2), but strQuery1 and 2 are VERY complicated, and my knowledge
of Sybase ASE stored procedures is very limited), I think I'll rewrite it, simplifying and
putting the major part of the algorithmics in JAVA.

Thanks,
Cyril

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Christopher.Mathrusse@sybase.com
À : cyril_jade@yahoo.fr
Cc : user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Envoyé le : Mercredi, 20 Septembre 2006, 5h28mn 35s
Objet : RE: Problem when executing multi result Sybase stored procedure

        One thing I don't understand, looking at your SQL Map, why do you have  the call to
the sp in CDATA tags? I'm not using CDATA tags and the call to the  sp works well for me.
and  <delete> elements, is treated as SQL, literally. So your String  literal parameters
that you are passing to the sp should be in single quotes,  not double quotes. I don't know
if this will help, but it is definitely worth a  try.

 Below is my SQL Map that functions correctly. I hope this  helps.

   <parameterMap id="insert_customer_param"  class="Customer">
     <parameter property="name" jdbcType="VARCHAR"  javaType="java.lang.String" mode="IN"/>
    <parameter  property="parentCustomer.id" jdbcType="INTEGER" javaType="java.lang.String"
 mode="IN"/>
    <parameter property="customerClass.id"  jdbcType="CHAR" javaType="java.lang.String"
mode="IN"/>
     <parameter property="homeCompany.id" jdbcType="VARCHAR"  javaType="java.lang.String"
mode="IN"/>
    <parameter  property="customerCode" jdbcType="VARCHAR" javaType="java.lang.String"
 mode="IN"/>
    <parameter property="sicIndustryCode"  jdbcType="VARCHAR" javaType="java.lang.String"
mode="IN"/>
     <parameter property="totalCreditLimit" jdbcType="DECIMAL"  javaType="java.math.BigDecimal"
mode="IN"/>
     <parameter property="creLimitExpires" jdbcType="TIMESTAMP"  javaType="java.util.Date"
mode="IN"/>
    <parameter  property="id" jdbcType="VARCHAR" javaType="java.lang.String"  mode="OUT"/>
  </parameterMap>

   <procedure id="insert" parameterMap="insert_customer_param" >
    {call p_customers_ins(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}
   </procedure>