ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject Re: passing connection to ibatis
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:08:23 GMT
On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 09:59:12AM -0600, Patrick.Higgins@cexp.com wrote:
> This sounds like it could be solved by a connection lifecycle event handler that Clinton
mentioned on Sept. 16th:

> http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg06174.html
>
> Strangely, I've actually needed this functionality before. I created a bunch
> of temporary tables with Postgres and the fact that they didn't persist from
> connection to connection was a major pain, but somehow I worked a connection
> lifecycle event handler into the framework I was using (I can't even
> remember what it was, it's been so long ago now). So I guess we have at
> least two use cases for that feature now. I'll see if I can free up some
> time to write a patch. :-)

Well, I found another possible thing - if I call
SqlMapClient.startTransaction() method, then it is posible to obtain current
connection with SqlMapClient.getCurrentConnection() and do various things, but
I'm not sure will that connection be explicitly released after
SqlMapClient.commitTransation()/endTransaction() or it there is a possibility
to reuse that connection by some other module?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky