ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bad Performance Using Ibatis?
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:55:45 GMT
Yay!  It's our monthly performance concern!

Rest assured, for 99% of cases, iBATIS is within milliseconds of JDBC
performance.

This comes  up once a month, where someone creates a couple of for{} loops
with JDBC vs. iBATIS....

9 times out of 10 the code is the problem -- inappropriate transaction
handling, is the most common mistake.

In any case, you might want to read this thread.

http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg04760.html

The key point:  "

When I excluded the
startTransaction/commitTransaction/endTransaction...my process took 5
minutes to run.  When I included it, I got my full process to run under 1
minute.  This is directly equal to the speed I found when using straight
Jdbc and/or Spring Jdbc Templates.

"

Batching and reflection optimization are icing on the cake.  Even without
them, iBATIS should be nearly as fast as JDBC (i.e. not noticably slower).

Cheers,
Clinton