ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MSAccess support?
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:38:51 GMT
I agree - make this reason #645 that the ODBC bridge driver should NEVER be
used.

I think that calling the method only if something is configured is more
consistent with the spirit of iBATIS where we don't do something that wasn't
asked for.  I can't imagine what I was thinking when I wrote it!  If you
configure this, and the driver doesn't support it, you'll find out when you
run your first test.

Jeff Butler

> I am not crazy about that approach..I guess it's not too big of a
> deal, but I think I would prefer a global setting in SqlMapConfig.xml
> to make it easier to turn on/off.
>
> Quietly ignoring exceptions sucks as bad as having an API that only
> tells you if a feature is supported by throwing them. It's lame that
> the driver does this, IMO.
>
> Larry
>

> On 8/19/06, Sanjiv Jivan <sanjiv.jivan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Okay, I'll check it out. The fix should work for me, but I think in
> general
> > even if the user has set a query timeout and the driver doesn't support
> it,
> > it should log a warning and not error out. This is how Hibernate handles
> > this condition.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Sanjiv
> >

> > On 8/19/06, Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > No schedule.  But the fix is now checked into SVN (I just deleted the
> call
> > to setQueryTimeout(0)).  You could easily check out the source and build
> it
> > yourself today.  The build script just requires that JAVA_HOME is set.
> > >

> > > Jeff Butler

> setQueryTimeout
> > if you don't specify one.  I'll fix it.

> the
> > method and set a boolean flag or lazily set the boolean flag at the
> first
> > time a call to setQueryTimeout() is made.

I've
> done a
> > quick check, but so far can't find any standard call to check for driver
> > compliance.  I'll keep looking - but maybe an all encompassing catch
> block
> > will be the way to handle it.

> > Ibatis 2.2.0 which seems to have broken the MSAcess support.
> > > > > > > >
> > http://www.nabble.com/query-timeout--tf1868564.html#a5106526

> calling
> > it?  Additionally, in
> > com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor,
> > statement.setQueryTimeout(0) if  mappedStatement.getTimeout() is null.

> > setStatementTimeout(MappedStatement mappedStatement,
> > Statement statement) throws SQLException {
> > ().intValue());

> > lists MSAccess 2000 with the Sun JDBC OBDC bridge. However when trying
> > use Ibatis 2.20 / JDK 1.4 with MSAccess 2000, an exception with message
> > "Optional feature not implemented"is raised at the point where Ibatis
> calls
> > statement.setQueryTimeout(). I checked out the Ibatis code and there is
> no
> > protection around this call to test if the optional feature is
> supported.

Ibatis with