ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating from ibatis 1.3.1 to 2.1.7 .. should I? NullPointerException. It look like a bug ... (More info on the bug) Please confirm:-)
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:32:15 GMT
You can certainly do transactions without the DAO framework!  The DAO
framework just delegates to the normal iBATIS transaction handling
mechanism.  You absolutely do not need the DAOs to do transactions.

I've not analysed your code enough to understand clearly  what it is that
you're doing, I was mainly making a comment that iBATIS provides a lot of
support for transactions and connection management out of the box - maybe
you should consider using it.

Jeff Butler