ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does JDBC 4.0 make iBATIS redundant?
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:46:17 GMT
Heh, my bet is that Sun delivers enough to make iBATIS easier to
write, but still manages to overcomplexificate it enough to make
people still want to use something else.

It is cool to see things like DataSet<Employee> coming from the API,
but unless DataSet extends List, I do not want that anywhere but in my
DAO layer, just like I do not want a ResultSet anywhere but in my DAO
layer. If it does, great! That is a huge advancement.

While stuff like @Select("SELECT * FROM Employee WHERE status = 'A'")
looks very attractive, and simple crud accounts for probably 35-50% of
the statements I use, only about 2% of the SQL I write beyond CRUD
fits into the 1-liner category.

The rest of the SQL statements are those 80-100 line select statements
with dynamic elements...and as much as I like the StringBuilder
class...I still prefer <dynamic> elements to java code. ;-)

So...top question on my list...can/should we use this for iBATIS3? ;-)

Larry