ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Abator / oracle pb with CHAR columns
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 16:33:20 GMT
LOL - lemme get this straight...CHAR to improve performance, but using
rpad to make it *actually work*?

Your DBA needs a kick in the mojos. ;-)

My guess is that VARCHAR would make for better performance than CHAR +
a call to RPAD() *for each row of every query*.

Maybe I am just smoking crack...

Larry