ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Mkhitaryan, Aram" <Aram.Mkhitar...@lycos-europe.com>
Subject RE: dynamic script's
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:21:58 GMT
It is not good idea to have more than one statement.

As I know, IBATIS uses PreaparedStatements for at least insert/update statements and

in JDBC API it is written that PreaparedStatements works with only one statement (see java.sql.Connection#prepareStatement).

Maybe it will work if your driver supports such kind of things but I don’t thing so :-)

Best,

Aram

________________________________

From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:52 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: dynamic script's

The answer is yes - if the driver supports it.  If your driver supports multiple SQL statements
in a single prepared statement, then you can do it.  iBATIS doesn't to anything to support
or deny this function - it's totally dependant on the driver support.  iBATIS will only prepare
one statement.

In my opinion, this is a bad idea even if the driver supports it.  I think it's better to
start a transaction and make multiple calls to the different insert statements.  More portable,
and probably more maintainable.

Jeff Butler