ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Michael Campbell" <michael.campb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS v2.2.0 Beta
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:16:02 GMT
I'm in the same boat.  While I'm waiting for them to release the final
version into ibiblio however, I just installed the iBatis 2.2.0.xxx
jars into my local repository.

On 8/24/06, Carlos Cajina <cecajina@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> Hi, good morning!
>
> Regarding the iBATIS release process discussed in this thread I wonder How
> this release process would affect Maven repositories (i.e. ibiblio)? I'm
> thinking of users who, like me, have some sort of automated dependencies
> manager.
>
> By the way, Would the naming change in this repositories? Currently one can
> find iBATIS under com.ibatis, not under the apache umbrella ;^)
>
> Regards,
>
>     Carlos
> ___________________________________________
> "You don't see what you're seeing until you see it,
> but when you do see it,
> it lets you see many other things."
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Jeff Butler
> To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
> Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:26 AM
> Subject: Re: iBATIS v2.2.0 Beta
>
>
> It is beta because it was a very large update, and we wanted some user
> feedback beyond our own testing.
>
> So far there has been only one issue when using the JDBC/ODBC bridge driver
> (rarely used I think).
>
> Our release process is to release new versions as beta, and after some time
> we will take a vote to upgrade the release to GA.  You can read more about
> the process here:
>
> http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Release+Process
>
> My advice is to try version 2.2.0 unless you are using the JDBC/ODBC bridge
> driver.
>
> Jeff Butler
>
>
> On 8/24/06, Rashmi Dixit <rashmid@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >
> >
> > I see from the website that the latest version of iBATIS released is a
> Beta version. What does this imply? (I apologize if my question is very
> juvenile). I need to upgrade from the older version to this one. However, is
> this is a good time to do so? Or should I wait until GA to upgrade my
> application?
> >
> >
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Rashmi
>
>


-- 
Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the
treament. -- Kent Beck

Mime
View raw message