ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Reuben Firmin" <Reuben.Fir...@Copart.Com>
Subject sproc call / long / empty value
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:42:01 GMT
How do I pass an empty value into a java.lang.Long field for a sproc? Null is not acceptable
on the sproc side of things, and Ibatis won't take "".

My sproc definition is:
<statement ... parameterMap="testParams" ...>
    {call TEST3SQL(?, ?, ?, ?)}
</statement>

and the params are:

<parameterMap id="testParams" class="map">
            <parameter property="userNumber" jdbcType="INTEGER" javaType="java.lang.Integer"
mode="IN"/>
            <parameter property="lotNumber" jdbcType="BIGINT"  javaType="java.lang.Long"
mode="IN"/>

If I call the sproc directly in the IBM query tool, I can do:

call TEST3SQL(4, "", ?, ?)

Should I just tell Ibatis that it is a string field, and pass "", or is there a better way?

Thanks
Reuben