ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From jaybytez <jayby...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: selectKey and parameterMap issue
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:00:05 GMT

If I do the following...I get an exception from Oracle...

(java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00911: invalid character)

    <insert id="insertHBAContact"
        parameterMap="hbaContactParameters">
        <selectKey resultClass="long" keyProperty="id">
            <![CDATA[
                SELECT hba_contact_seq.NEXTVAL FROM DUAL
            ]]>
        </selectKey>

        <![CDATA[
            INSERT INTO hba_contact_hbc
                ( hbc_contact_id, hbc_tsc_name, hbc_contact_name,
hbc_contact_date,
                  hbc_issue_resolved_ind, hbc_follow_up_required_ind,
                  hbc_follow_up_required_desc, hbc_contact_type_desc,
                  hbc_reason_desc, hbc_fk_contact_type_id,
hbc_fk_contact_method_id,
                  hbc_fk_contact_reason_id )
        ]]>
    </insert>

I am trying to figure out what the keyProperty really stands for.  Is it a
property that is in your parameterMap...or do you map it directly to the
name of the column for which it is going to be used for?

Thanks,

jay
Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java forum at Nabble.com.