ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Poitras Christian" <Christian.Poit...@ircm.qc.ca>
Subject RE: MySQL 'text' datatype mapping
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:41:53 GMT
To prevent these problems, I suggest you use resultMaps!
I always use them even if my properties have the same name in the
databse (just in case something would change).

Christian

________________________________

From: Eric VanWieren [mailto:evanwieren@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 10 August 2006 23:23
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: MySQL 'text' datatype mapping

Oh my word. Ok, I am a dolt. since i was requesting 'desc' it was
calling desc as in desc table.

Oops.

Thanks though,

Eric

On 8/10/06, Eric VanWieren <evanwieren@gmail.com> wrote:

	Christian,

	This is the declaration of the SourceClinic class

	private String notes;

	There are the appropriate getters and setters.

	Here is the code for my SqlMap

	<sqlMap namespace="SourceClinic">

	    <select id="getSourceClinic" parameterClass="int"
resultClass="com.test.test.SourceClinic">
	        SELECT
	            ID             as id,
	            NAME        as name,
	            VISIBLE        as visible,
	            DESC        as notes
	        FROM SOURCECLINIC
	        WHERE ID = #value#
	    </select>

	</sqlMap>

	This is the desc from the mysql database
	mysql> desc sourceclinic;

+---------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+

+---------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
	| id      | int(11)     |      | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment

	| name    | varchar(50) |      | UNI |         |

	| desc    | text        | YES  |     | NULL    |

	| visible | tinyint(1)  |      |     | 1       |

+---------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
	4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

	mysql>

	Thanks for any help you can give me.

	Eric

	On 8/10/06, Poitras Christian <Christian.Poitras@ircm.qc.ca>
wrote:

		Can you send you sqlmap file?
		I use text fields with MySQL. So it is probably a config
problem.

		Christian