ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From jaybytez <jayby...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When to use jdbcType or javaType
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:41:09 GMT

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the vague questions.

Just trying to learn the most I can about jdbcType and javaType as I am the
architect implementing iBatis into our framework.  I want the config files
to be as simple for the developers as possible without missing required
fields.

So I am always using jdbcType in parameter maps and javaTypes only when
using Date/Timestamp or needing a typeHandler.  The information I got from
the previous posts...and that makes sense.

On result maps, I include javaType only when a custom typeHandler is
required.  I was just more unsure if jdbcType is required or necessary on
resultMaps...and if so why?

Thanks!

jay
Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java forum at Nabble.com.