ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From jaybytez <jayby...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Duplicate typeHandler (same javaType, different jdbcType)
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:14:34 GMT

I have a custom DateTime class that I use to store dates with timestamps and
without timestamps.  So I use the same class to represent java.sql.Date and
java.sql.Timestamp.  So I need to know whether or not I can register type
handlers by their jdbcType and not javaType.

Also, the setParameter passes in the jdbcType...which gives the appearance
that this method can be used for multiple jdbcTypes...except that all the
getResult methods do not pass in the jdbcType and therefore you can not
determine what type of get method should be called from the result set.

Thanks,

Jay

Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java forum at Nabble.com.