ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From cmose <cjm...@gmail.com>
Subject Phantom data results??
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:32:50 GMT

Hey all,
I'm mostly an ibatis noob and having quite a bizarre problem, for me at
least, with ibatis returning phantom results on some test queries.

Basically, is there any caching happening with Ibatis behind the scenes that
I should be aware of?? Right now I'm using a simple data source and letting
ibatis handle the conneciton pooling and etc., I seem to be having a
situation where queries in the ibatis mapping file return results different
from those same queries pasted into Oracle's isql*plus (e.g., the queries
run from ibatis only return results if they were inserted using ibatis).

Ibatis seems to be using a phantom table when it's running it's inserts and
queries, that completely ignores anything that has been done to the table
via isql*plus (e.g., pasting the sql code from the mapping file directly
into isql*plus yields vastly different results then running it using
ibatis).

Now I realize that something could be wonky with isql*plus, but I'm more
likely to believe a configuration or use error on my part then isql*plus not
working correctly.
Thanks much!!

As an aside to this, is there anything in particular, configuration wise or
functionality wise that I sould worry about when using a singleton
SqlMapClient across a dozen or so classes?

(sorry if this was a repeat, I received a nabble confirmation in my email
and made the mistake of assuming that was also the list subscription
confirmation for which I received another email after already having posted
this, ergo I'm uncertain whether or not the original message actually went
out - thanks for your patience ;-) ).
Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java forum at Nabble.com.