ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Eric Bauld <bau...@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
Subject Connection closing after timeout on tomcat
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:42:23 GMT
Im having a heck of a time finding the right way to fix this.
I have a servlet on a tomcat server, it uses ibatis. It works great as
long as it is being used but when it sits overnight, the connection
times out and the next person to use it will get an error. But then it
will work for every request thereafter.
I get this exception after it has been sitting.

java.sql.SQLException: No operations allowed after connection closed

Anyone know of a way to test this to see if the connection has closed ?
I could just put a bogus query + error catch to "wake up" the
connection, but its not a very proper fix.

 - Eric