ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From David Gagnon <dgag...@siunik.com>
Subject Re: Updating from ibatis 1.3.1 to 2.1.7 .. should I? NullPointerException. It look like a bug ... (More info on the bug) Please confirm:-)
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 19:46:49 GMT
Hi Christian,

  In fact I don`t want to close them.  Here is the generic code used to
get the info of a User:

 public Object getObject(DbConnection dbCon, String mapKey, Object
param, boolean mustFind) throws DatabaseException, SQLException {

        Object result = null;
        boolean handleTransactionLocally = false;
        try {
            if (dbCon == null) {
                handleTransactionLocally = true;
                dbCon = connectionFactory.getConnection();
            }

            sqlMap.setUserConnection(dbCon.getConnection());
            result = sqlMap.queryForObject(mapKey, param);

            if ((result == null) && (mustFind)) {
                throw new DataNotFoundException("Object not found for
param: (" + param.toString() + ")");
            }
        } catch (SQLException e) {
            if (handleTransactionLocally) {

ExceptionAdaptor.instance(exceptionAdaptorKey).getMappedException(e,
"Unable to get: " + e.getMessage(), true,
ExceptionAdaptor.ACTION_SEARCH, param);
            } else {
                throw e;
            }
        } finally {
            sqlMap.setUserConnection(null);
            if (dbCon != null)
            dbCon.closeAll(handleTransactionLocally);
        }
        return result;

    }

 The only thing I do is supply the connection to use to ibatis.  This
way I can enclose the call in a transaction or not.  From what I got
from Clinton it`s the way to do it.  But if you trace with the debugger
into the sqlMap.setUserConnection(null) method you will see that the
state of the object is not OK at the end.

In fact since a single http request can imply the use of lot of
different DAOs I will have this method called more than once...

I read what you post but it seems to refer to a ping to test that the
connection to the db is up.  I'm not sure I understand how it`s related
to my problem.  If I'm wrong please tell me.  I just want to find an
answer to my current problem!

Best regars
/David