ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Albert L. Sapp" <as...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Phantom data results??
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:26:47 GMT
cmose wrote:
> Jeff thanks for the reply,
> I didn't really believe that there were phantom tables being created
> somewhere ;-)
> Trouble is that I have 0 caching configured anywhere and am not using
> explicit transactions anywhere, strictly using a simple data source that
> just connects to the database via jdbc and then using the sqlmapclient to
> call up queries from the mapping files so I'm rather at a loss to figure out
> where this problem is occuring.
>
> Albert,  I'm not certain I follow what you mean; do you mean that an
> application running on a tomcat server was using ibatis and you had to
> restart tomcat before that application would see updates made via isql*plus
> or anything else other than the app?

Sorry, should have been a clearer.  Yes, we have a Java application
running on a tomcat server that was built with iBatis sql maps and dao.
We did find that when a change was made using anything, but the
application, we did not see the changes until we rebooted the tomcat
server.  Unfortunately, neither I or the other person working on the
project have taken the time to really figure out why this was.  Neither
of us is familiar enough with anything we are using to do the
troubleshooting needed to pinpoint the cause.  So I can't really give
you a clear point of attack.  Hope someone else can point to a likely
place.  I will be following this thread with interest.