ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Alexander Sack" <pisym...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mysql and jboss support
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:03:19 GMT
Indeed it does, its more of a classloading issue of getting the side XML
resource within the EAR.  Yank Spring away and see what happens...I filed an
outstanding bug (was told too by them) with the JBoss group and it maybe
fixed in the top of tree.  As a workaround I had to set the
ContextClassLoader at runtime to get it to work without Spring which sucks
(btw using Spring isn't neccessarily bad either, it just seems like overkill
to me to hang an entire separate context for just an O/R mapper on an app
server (especially with Persistence API), though I suppose you could use
Spring's transaction framework instead of iBatis which maybe more mature
(not sure) and I'm going to guess but you are probably using it for
dependency injection and other neat things as well).

There is a thread about it in the archives in case your
interested....(thanks again to EVERYONE on the list for giving me
feedback)...

-aps