ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Kenji Nakamura <nakamura.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject Is PreparedStatement reused on insert?
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:52:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm evaluating iBatis 2.1.7, and encountered a performance problem.
The benchmark is simply taking a sequential file with approximately
16,000 lines, and populate them into HSQLDB (1.8.0.1) with 20 lines
of batch. I see iBatis version is two to three times slower than
plain vanilla JDBC version.
I put a profiler, and it indicates
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor#excuteUpdate() creates
an instance of PreparedStatement every time calling
SqlMapClient#insert(), and it is actually created at line 77 of the
method.
Is there a way to keep an instance of PreparedStatement for an Id and
reuse it? At least creation of PreparedStatement isn't a cheap
operation in HSQLDB, which takes up 51% of whole execution time in my
benchmark.

Thanks in advance,

Kenji