ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Eric T. Blue" <ericblu...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for private properties
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 18:48:45 GMT
Hi,

My company is currently investigating the best strategy for not exposing
certain getters/setters for a number of our classes in our domain model.
These objects end up being exposed through SOAP, and many getters/setters
are only there to satisfy bean-compliance (public getters/setters).
Although we still need the properties to save/fetch data, they have no real
meaning to the developers that are using the public API.  We are leaning
against our business layer creating another set of value objects/DTOs that
hide these properties.  But, we need to find out other alternatives.

Is there support for mapping to private properties in new versions of the
Java mapper?  I was browsing through the .net JIRA and came across this
feature request:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATISNET-153

I suppose the other alternative is to find out if Axis can exclude certain
properties when stubs are generated.  However, I"m not certain if this is
possible either.  Thanks.