ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Gareth Moorst <gazj...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Creating SQLMaps at runtime
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:45:00 GMT
Clinton,

The classpath scanning code is much simpler than I expected - in Spring, it just boils down
to:

[classLoader].getResources("folder/filename.xml");

which returns an Enumeration of URLs.
The javadoc notes that there must be a folder for the method call to work reliably when searching
inside jar files.

Allowing wildcards in the filename is a bit more complex and involves finding the classpath
roots and iterating through the entries in classpath jars or folders to see if they match
the pattern.

The code is all in org.springframework.core.io.support.PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver
for the interested.

So scanning the classpath for named files is pretty easy to do... shall I expect it in the
next release? ;)

What remains is for me to figure out a way to mung the retrieved sql map files into an sql
map client.

Cheers,
Gareth.