ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Gareth Moorst <gazj...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Fw: Creating SQLMaps at runtime
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:08:22 GMT
Whoops - I hit send instead of paste somehow.

Here's what I meant to say:

 Hi,

   This is a similar question to the one in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-270
, in that I want to create/manipulate a running instance at runtime.

What I'm trying to achieve is a way to have a set of 'core' sqlmaps, which are always loaded,
and a further set of optional sqlmaps, which are only loaded if present.
The core and optional sqlmaps would be in separate jar files.

One way of doing this might be to search the classpath for sqlmap files at startup and 'inject'
them all into a running Spring configured sql map client.
Has anyone done anything similar using the patch in JIRA 270?

Would I be better off just using some XML trickery to create the sqlmap config file at runtime
and load up from that?

Cheers,
Gareth.

What I'm trying to achieve is a way to have a set of 'core' sqlmaps, which are always loaded,
and a further set of optional sqlmaps, which are only loaded if present.
 In particular, I want to search the classpath for sqlmap files at startup and 'inject' them
all into a running Spring configured sql map client.