ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to Do Transaction with JNDI Datasource and Spring Framework?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 03:33:46 GMT
No. If you use the SqlMapClientDao template, Spring does it all for you. All you will have
to do is specify the master sqlmap configuration file in spring and inject it into your dao.

Mississippi John Hurt <johnhurt@gmail.com> wrote: yuck, so we have to configure that
in spring.xml?  i looked last time, not that simple to understand.

On 8/21/06, Paul Benedict < paul4christ79@yahoo.com> wrote:Spring installs the ibatis
ExternalTransactionManager implementation which has no-op methods. The methods will do nothing,
leaving all the transaction management up to the spring proxying.

Mississippi John Hurt <johnhurt@gmail.com > wrote: Anyone have sample spring, ibatis,
config with sample code for this?  I'm pretty certain the regular ibatis startTransaction(),
endTransaction(), commitTransaction() wont work. Thanks.