ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject 1.3 set-property key
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 08:44:57 GMT
The key attribute of set-property reads:

    Since Struts 1.3, an alternate syntax is supported.  By using
    the "key" attribute instead of the "property" attribute, you can set
    arbitrary string properties on the Config object which is populated
    based on the containing element.   NOTE: the "key" attribute is NOT
    supported for <set-property> inside a <plug-in> element.

I might be glossing over a difference here, but how is this "alternative syntax" better or
different than the "property" attribute? It highlights the "arbitrary string properties" feature,
but I don't have problems with "property" for the same thing.

Paul